Getting Rid of Unwelcome Visitors
Whether you are moving into a new property, having a spring clean or targeting a particular pest problem, it is often desirable to treat your house for unwanted pests at the same time as having your carpet and upholstery cleaned.
This is because a thorough steam clean of your carpet and upholstery will help to remove soiling that could otherwise interfere with the application of a pest control chemical and limit its ability to effectively do its job.
Our technicians are licensed and hold current Approved Handlers Certification for urban pest management according to the Hazardous Substances and New Organisms (HSNO) Act.
This means that they are trained and qualified to treat your particular pest problem in the safest and most effective way possible, and can tailor a pest control treatment to your specific concerns and requirements.
Our technicians can treat your property for a variety of pests including:
What you Need to Know about Pest Control
While some products are designed to kill the intended pest on contact, others are designed to disrupt their reproductive cycle or work slowly in their system allowing time for them to return to their nest and spread the pathogen to other members of their colony.
For this reason, you may still see some pests over the 14 days following treatment as the treatment continues to work and affect pests at different stages of their life-cycle.
However, if you are still finding live pests after 14 days following treatment it is important that you contact us immediately to arrange another treatment and avoid re-infestation.
We offer a 3 month warantee on all pest control treatments.
Safety precautions that you will need to take before your booking:
- Shut all food items away
- Shut toothbrushes away in a cupboard
- Cover pillows or shut away in a cupboard
- Cover any toys or shut away in a cupboard
- Ensure that all pets are outside the house and kept at a safe distance
- Cover any fish/turtle tanks and turn off air pumps
- Remove food and water bowls
Safety precautions that you will need to take after your booking:
- Do not re-enter the property for at least 4 hours following treatment
- Wipe down all food surfaces and vanities on your return, but you should avoid cleaning floors, wiping walls or vacuuming carpets for the first week following treatment to ensure maximum effectiveness of the treatment
- Wash any linen or bed covering that may have been exposed to the treatment and replace with fresh linen
Things you can do yourself to prevent further infestations:
- Remove all food sources and avoid having any rubbish lying around
- Cut back shrubs and trees from the side of your house
- Maintain a regular flea treatment regime for your pets and ensure that your pets are all treated at the same time
- Regularly vacuum carpet areas and wash pet bedding